From Wiki for Games
Home > Portal 2
Portal 2 is the highly anticipated sequel to Portal, a humorously mind-bending adventure that challenges player to use their wits over weaponry in a funhouse of diabolical science. Its puzzles are challenging without being unreasonable, and, once you're finished with the single-player mode, one of the best co-operative experiences on the market awaits. From the beginning of the single-player story to the end of the co-op mode, Portal 2 is a novel, unforgettable experience.
Most of the players like the adventures in Portal 2 Co-op Mode. The single-player game can take six to 10 hours to play, and the co-op campaign is at least five hours long. This standalone campaign stars a duo of robots called Atlas and P-Body who have to work together to solve all the puzzles, each with his own Portal gun.
What's amazing about the co-op mode isn't that it exists and is a very good time—although both of those things are good news for gamers—it's that Valve has created a mode that gives you a bunch of innovative tools to work together. It works so well that voice chat is almost unnecessary. Usually, the co-op challenges outclass those in the single-player.
- Publisher: Valve
- Developer: Valve
- Release Date: 4/19/2011
- Platforms: PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Mac Games
PC System Requirements
- OS: Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Processor: 3.0 GHz P4, Dual Core 2.0 (or higher) or AMD64X2 (or higher)
- Memory: 1GB XP / 2GB Vista
- Hard Disk Space: At least 7.6 GB of Space
- Video: Video card must be 128 MB or more and should be a DirectX 9-compatible with support for Pixel Shader 2.0b
(ATI Radeon X800 or higher / NVIDIA GeForce 7600 or higher / Intel HD Graphics 2000 or higher).</br>
- Audio: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Mac System Requirements
- OS: MAC OS X 10.6.7 or higher
- Processor: Intel Core Duo Processor (2GHz or better)
- Memory: 2GB
- Hard Disk Space: At least 7.6 GB of Space
- Video: ATI Radeon 2400 or higher / NVIDIA 8600M or higher / Intel HD Graphics 3000
About the Game
Portal 2 draws from the award-winning formula of innovative gameplay, story, and music that earned the original Portal over 70 industry accolades and created a cult following.
The single-player portion of Portal 2 introduces a cast of dynamic new characters, a host of fresh puzzle elements, and a much larger set of devious test chambers. Players will explore never-before-seen areas of the Aperture Science Labs and be reunited with GLaDOS, the occasionally murderous computer companion who guided them through the original game.
The game’s two-player cooperative mode features its own entirely separate campaign with a unique story, test chambers, and two new player characters. This new mode forces players to reconsider everything they thought they knew about portals. Success will require them to not just act cooperatively, but to think cooperatively.
- Extensive single player: Featuring next generation gameplay and a wildly-engrossing story.
- Complete two-person co-op: Multiplayer game featuring its own dedicated story, characters, and gameplay.
- Advanced physics: Allows for the creation of a whole new range of interesting challenges, producing a much larger but not harder game.
- Original music.
- Massive sequel: The original Portal was named 2007's Game of the Year by over 30 publications worldwide.
- Editing Tools: Portal 2 editing tools will be included. Note: To be made available after launch.
The Animal King is a possible new ruler of Earth in the event of an apocalypse, as hypothesized by Aperture Science's greatest minds, who will quickly conquer the UN and either enslave or kill all remaining humans. He looks like a giant turret with a leopard print pattern and a crown.
Atlas is one of the co-op robots from Portal 2, built out of an Emotion Sphere, codenamed Blue, and controlled by Player One.
Personal assistant of Aperture Science CEO Cave Johnson in Portal 2. Her digitised conciousness was the basis for GLaDOS.
Founder and CEO of Aperture Science, Johnson is a constant overseer of Aperture tests by way of prerecorded voice messages.
- Charpter 1 The Courtesy Call
- Charpter 2 The Cold Boot
- Charpter 3 The Return
- Charpter 4 The Surprise
- Charpter 5 The Escape
- Charpter 6 The Fall
- Charpter 7 The Reunion
- Charpter 8 The Itch
- Charpter 9 The Part Where He Kills You
- Charpter 1 Calibration
- Charpter 2 Team Building Course
- Charpter 3 Mass & Velocity Tests
- Charpter 4 Hard Light Surfaces Tests
- Charpter 5 Excursion Funnels Tests
- Charpter 6 Mobility Gels Tests
Alternate Title Screen Beat the game to unlock an alternate title screen in space.
How to Get The Co-Op Action "Hugs" To get the co-op action "Hugs," head to the last level of the Hard Light Chamber (just before you insert the disk) where you must launch each other in the air and collide. Pull this off and the robots will hug.
Lyrics to End Song "Want You Gone"
Want You Gone (Jonathan Coulton)
Well here we are again, It’s always such a pleasure, Remember when you tried to kill me twice? Oh, how we laughed and laughed, Except I wasn’t laughing, Under the circumstances I’ve been shockingly nice.
You want your freedom take it, That’s what I’m counting on, I used to want you dead but, Now I only want you gone.
She was a lot like you, (Maybe not quite as heavy), Now little Caroline is in here too. One day they woke me up, So I could live forever, It’s such a shame the same will never happen to you.
You’ve got your short, sad life left, That’s what I’m counting on, I’ll let you get right to it, Now I only want you gone.
Goodbye, my only friend, Oh, did you think I meant you? That would be funny if it weren’t so sad, Well you have been replaced, I don’t need anyone now, When I delete you maybe I’ll stop feeling so bad.
Go make some new disaster, That’s what I’m counting on, You’re someone else’s problem, Now I only want you gone, Now I only want you gone, Now I only want you gone...
Achievements are extra challenges added into video games that sometimes carry a point value or unlock bonus material, and are sometimes solely for bragging rights.
Advancing Wall of Doom
When the wall is coming out at you and you must keep going or it will eat you up.
An AI companion is a computer-controlled ally who follows and aids you through your adventures or who requires your protection. The AI companion's survival is often essential to game and story progression.
An Artificial Intelligence Construct is a synthetic technological creation that is a part of a bigger whole. The AI Construct can be a self aware computer or simply a grouping of technologies that come together to form one large being.
Other Game Wiki
Please visit G-Forum to discuss more.