From Wiki for Games
Home > Mass Effect
Two years after Commander Shepard repelled invading Reapers bent on the destruction of organic life, a mysterious new enemy has emerged. On the fringes of known space, something is silently abducting entire human colonies. Now Shepard must work with Cerberus, a ruthless organisation devoted to human survival at any cost, to stop the most terrifying threat mankind has ever faced.
To even attempt this perilous mission, Shepard must assemble the galaxy’s most elite team and command the most powerful ship ever built. Even then, they say it would be suicide. Commander Shepard intends to prove them wrong.
- Game:Mass Effect 2
- Platforms:Xbox 360, PC, PS3
- Publisher:Electronic Arts
- ESRB Rating:Mature
- Release Date:01/26/2010
Mankind's Future is at Stake
- From the makers of Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic™, Dragon Age: Origins™, and Mass Effect™ comes the dark second installment in the thrilling Mass Effect Trilogy!
- Command a unique team of amazing characters on a perilous mission in the most dangerous regions of space.
- Players of the first Mass Effect can import save games to continue the story of their own Commander Shepard. New players will find a thrilling stand-alone adventure awaits them, a polished and action packed journey that surpasses the first game in nearly every possible way.
Intense Third Person Combat
- Take cover, command an elite squad with ease, utilise 19 weapon classes including heavy weapons, and unleash deadly powers against your foes with an all new and improved combat system.
- Increased intensity with precision shooter controls to let you control the action and overcome insurmountable odds.
An Entire Galaxy to Explore
- Travel the distant and deadly reaches of space to assemble your team for the mission at hand. A cast of amazing characters await discovery on a variety of dangerous, visually stunning worlds.
- Survey unique planets and embark on side missions to uncover more secrets in the Mass Effect universe.
Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Windows XP SP3 / Windows Vista SP1 / Windows 7
- Processor: 1.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD CPU
- Memory: 1 GB RAM for Windows XP / 2 GB RAM for Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Hard Drive: 15 GB
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- DirectX: DirectX 9.0c August 2008 (included)
- Input: Keyboard / Mouse
- Video Card: 256 MB (with Pixel Shader 3.0 support). Supported Chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or greater; ATI Radeon X1600 Pro or greater. Please note that NVIDIA GeForce 7300, 8100, 8200, 8300, 8400, and 9300; ATI Radeon HD3200, and HD4350 are below minimum system requirements. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required. Intel and S3 video cards are not officially supported in Mass Effect 2.
Not everyone will survive. An ancient alien race, known only as "Reapers", has launched an all-out invasion leaving nothing but a trail of destruction in their wake. Earth has been taken, the galaxy is on the verge of total annihilation, and you are the only one who can stop them. The price of failure is extinction. You are Commander Shepard, a character that you can forge in your own image. You determine how events will play out, which planets to explore, and whom to form alliances with as you rally a force to eliminate the Reaper threat once and for all. How you wage this war is completely up to you: go into combat with guns blazing or use cover to plan a more tactical assault. Utilize your squad to full effect or take a lone wolf approach. Rain death from a distance or go toe - to-toe with enemies using devastating melee attacks. Mass Effect 3 will react to each decision you make as you play through a truly unique experience of your own creation.
- A rich, branching storyline: Experience a sci-fi epic with multiple endings determined by your choices and actions throughout the game.
- Massive in scope: Battle on many worlds across the galaxy as you unite the ultimate force to take back the Earth before it's too late.
- Large-scale and intelligent enemies: Battle enormous enemies and take on a smarter type of foe that will consistently challenge your best combat tactics and put you on the edge of your seat.
- Unlock a customizable arsenal: Tailor each weapon with devastating upgrades including scopes, grips, barrels and dozens of other unique attachments. Each weapon boasts its own powerful impact and visual flair.
- Unleash death from afar or go toe-to-toe: Customize your soldier and squad to engage the enemy on your terms. A huge variety of weapons, abilities and equipment allow you to combat the enemy in your preferred style of play.
Bioware has announced several new story details for upcoming space-based RPG, Mass Effect 3 - the biggest reveal of which includes which characters are confirmed to rear their heads in the final act of the trilogy.
While it's no confirm which characters will be recruitable, series alums Liara T'soni, Kaidan Alenko and Ashley Williams are all set to reappear, providing they haven't been killed in the player continuity. Garrus, Wrex, Mordin and Legion are all set to reappear too, as is Colnel Anderson.
A new character, James Sanders, has also been revealed - and is notable for sharing a surname with the protaganist of the Mass Effect novels, Kahlee Sanders.
Story-wise, Mass Effect 3 will open with Shepard on trial for his actions in the new Mass Effect 2 DLC, The Arrival. Half way through the hearing the Reapers will apparently move to invade Earth, giving Shepard an opening to escape and steal the Normandy. Much of the game will then focus on Shepard's efforts to reunite his team and gain an advantage against the Reapers.
Shepard's mission will be complicated by the re-emergence of The Illusive Man, however - who has now tasked Cerebus with assassinating Shepard as soon as possible. Quite why he's turned against his former ally hasn't been explained yet.
Bioware has confirmed that, like previous games in the series, Mass Effect 3 will not feature any multiplayer - though the team is considering a possible Mass Effect MMO for the future.
The heroism of one brave human being could have a massive effect on the entire galaxy, in this original sci-fi RPG from Bioware. Players take the customizable role of a celebrated starship captain, who is exploring the fringes of known space when the story begins. Mass Effect is set soon after human beings have discovered the secrets to interstellar travel, and the people of Earth were both surprised and challenged to find that the universe is full of intelligent races that are far more advanced than they. However, it may very well be those human ties to a more primal nature that ultimately save all the space-faring species from destruction. Built on a third-generation version of the Unreal game engine, Mass Effect features real-time combat, in which players take limited command of a three-soldier squad. Decisions made by the hero, both in the heat of battle and in sophisticated role-playing sequences, will affect many details and may even influence the final outcome of the plot. Orignially developed for Xbox 360, Mass Effect is intended as the first of a trilogy of action RPGs from BioWare. Between the launches of each full game in the series, the developer intends to release additional levels, side-stories, and other downloadable Mass Effect material content.
- Release Date: 11/20/2007
- Platforms: Xbox 360（11/20/2007）PC（5/27/2008）
- Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
- Developer: Bioware
- Genres: Action, Role-Playing
- ESRB: M
- Immersive RPG: Determine the fate of mankind as you lead an elite tactical strike force as an epic galaxy-wide conflict unfolds. Mass Effect will take the player into new depths of an action-roleplaying game, with choice-based gameplay.
- Rich and engaging storyline. While defending galactic peace and earning a position of respect for humanity in the community, gamers will discover that a greater conflict between organic life and artificial intelligence exists. Players' decisions and actions will serve to shape the destiny of all life in the galaxy as you become absorbed in the story that is Mass Effect, the first game in an epic trilogy from BioWare. They will become the center of an engrossing story as they battle against alien life forms to save the galaxy from threatening armies.
- Player controls the ultimate fate of the galaxy: The player’s decisions and actions will serve to shape the destiny of all life in the galaxy, while raising humanity to the pinnacle of galactic civilization via noble means or via tyranny.
- Real-time squad based combat: Mass Effect employs a real-time, squad based, tactical combat system. Players will be immersed in intense, challenging and exciting combat.
- Explore uncharted worlds: In addition to the main story arc of the game, players will be able to visit a large number of uncharted, unexplored planets which are not directly tied to the main story. At any time during the campaign, a player can choose to explore one of these planets in an all-terrain rover in order to discover new alien life, resources, ruined civilizations and powerful technologies.
- Digital actors: Mass Effect features a huge cast of in-engine digital actors that you will encounter as NPCs, enemies or as party members. Each will have life-like facial and body movements, and an advanced dialogue system will give them engaging personalities.
- Character customization. Players will be able to choose from a variety of stunning, photo-realistic character appearances at the start of the game, and throughout the game can increase various statistics which will have an impact on their performance during gameplay. Equipment, weapons and armor that are acquired during the course of the story will change the appearance of the characters.
- Xbox360 live features. Premium downloadable content and recognition of achievement will be available via the Xbox Live service.
The galaxy is trapped in an endless cycle of extinction. Every 50,000 years, an ancient machine race invades the galaxy. With ruthless efficiency, the machines wipe out all advanced organic civilization. They leave behind only the scattered ruins of technology, destroying all evidence of their own existence. Few believe this ancient legend. You, however, know it to be true. The fight to stop this extinction event has become the most important mission in the galaxy.
"You must act without remorse, without hesitation, and outside the limits of the law."
It is your mission. As Commander Shepard of the SS Normandy, you will take your elite recon squad across a galaxy in turmoil, in a desperate race to stop the return of an enemy without mercy. To stop this enemy, you must act without remorse, without hesitation, and outside the limits of the law. Your only imperative is to preserve the safety of civilized life in the galaxy - at any cost. You must become the tip of the spear of humanity, for you alone know the full extent of what is at stake if you should fail.
Science-fiction Role-playing: Perfected
Mass Effect allows you to create your own customizable version of Commander Shepard (or jump in and use the pre-created character) and plunge yourself into the center of an epic science-fiction story. Choose your squad-mates, your weapons, skills and abilities, and customize your vehicles, armor and appearance - you are in complete control over your experience.
In the course of your mission to stop the machine invasion, you may choose to follow the path of the soldier, the tech-specialist, or the biotics-specialist each of which brings an arsenal of unique yet equally powerful abilities to use against the enemy. Wield a multitude of weapon types with precision accuracy utilize your technical skill to turn enemy war machines against their creators or unleash the full power of Dark Energy against your foe with devastating effects.
As you progress throughout the game you will improve your character's skills, abilities, and equipment (including weapons, armor, biotic implants and more) to ensure that you have the means to face the growing threat before you.
The role you choose to play in Mass Effect will have tremendous consequences on the galaxy around you. You will face moral dilemmas in which the decision you ultimately make will significantly alter the fate of civilized life in the galaxy.
The Vastness of Space Beckons
Your mission will take you into the deepest reaches of known space - and beyond. Aboard your ship, the Normandy, you will choose which planets to investigate, and where to take your team. In addition to the major worlds of the main story arc, you will have the freedom to visit a wide array of uncharted planets and other locations such as asteroids and abandoned space freighters adrift in space. On many worlds, take your team planet side in the MAKO in order to explore and find alien life, ancient artifacts and ruins, rogue trader colonies and a host of other amazing discoveries.
Lose Yourself in a Living Galaxy
Mass Effect combines astonishing photo-realistic graphics with innovative new dialog systems to create a cast of living characters to interact with. Engage these characters in real-time conversations that allow you to immerse yourself in dramatically charged situations. Characters communicate with full voice-acting and amazing animation that displays their emotions right down to subtle nuances in their facial expressions. Every wrinkled brow and slight twist of the mouth is captured to infuse every interaction with a feeling of realism.
Lead Your Squad in Intense, Real-Time Combat
The struggle to stop the return of the machines will ultimately be a violent one. You will assume responsibility for the lives of your squad as you lead them into often uncharted, hostile alien environments. Each decision you make could mean the difference between victory and disaster. Although combat will take place in real-time, you will have the ability to pause combat and issue commands to your squad which they will then execute with the precision of a highly trained elite force. Upgrading certain skills and abilities as you level up your character will also allow you to increase your ballistic skill - this can ultimately lead to easier aiming, more damaging use of weapons, and biotic effects with the power to turn the tide of battle in your favor.
Other Game Wiki
Please visit Mass Effect Series to discuss more.